Saturday, February 17, 2007

Thank You, Jim Motznik... Blogging Makes a Difference

An anonymous reader of The People's Republic has left a brief -- but very important, interesting, and illuminating -- remark for the rest of us to enjoy. Responding to the final chapter of my three-part series about the Pittsburgh Police Department's secondary employment policies, the commenter noted the following:

I thoroughly enjoyed the series and emailed several friends to read it too. Funniest thing of all? If it hadn't been for the McIntire/Motznik blog battle, I might never have gotten interested in anyone's blogging. I can't thank you enough for providing me with new topics to use to start arguments all over town.
So I want to take this opportunity, once again, to publicly thank Pittsburgh City Councilmember Jim Motznik for drawing the public's attention to the burghosphere. It's nice to see how this one little blunder on his part is having a snowballing effect on our readership.

Who knows? Maybe a similar snowballing of public opinion could even follow as a result of things like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Motzballing effect, perhaps?

I don't know that it was truly a "McIntire/Motznik blog battle" .. I believe your blog has to exist for at least 48 hours to participate in a battle. I could be wrong on that one.